[ExI] global moral code (was:Re: very informative)

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Thu Dec 31 11:02:09 UTC 2020

On 30/12/2020 22:30, Will Steinberg wrote:
> I am in favor of a world government formed of federated communes,
> bound by a global moral code

I can't see that happening. Not any time soon. Whose moral code would it
use? If it is to be a global one, that means it would have to be
forcibly imposed on some people. I'd say that was morally wrong,
wouldn't you?

It would have to be agreed upon by everyone, and that's not going to
happen, because people have different values, often wildly different.

I suspect we wouldn't even be able to agree on a common moral code here
on this list, never mind among the population of the entire world (and
that's without even bringing religion into it).

--
Ben Zaiboc