[ExI] spacex landing on boat

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 22:49:46 UTC 2020

With space technology, it seems, most people assume a thing is impossible
until it is done, no matter how theoretically easy it should be.

It seems that even a new type of nut and bolt won't be trusted to work in
space until it has been demonstrated in space, even if there are literally
zero applicable space-specific factors that might call into question the
relevance of a ground demonstration.  (A nut and bolt doesn't care about
zero gravity, radiation, or vacuum.)

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 2:32 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <