[ExI] Motivated Reasoning

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Feb 3 15:50:29 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

Regrettably our big brains get terribly confused by our emotions.
As Spock said -
“May I say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed serving with humans?
I find their illogic and foolish emotions a constant irritant.”
- Star Trek, season 3, episode 7 (“Day of the Dove,” 1968) BillK

"Ja, right Spock!  Remember that time you got horny?  That whole ponn farr episode wasn't exactly a picnic for us illogical humans either.  Being nearly killed by my own first officer was an irritant too, ya pointy eared hobgoblin!"  Kirk

Well that's what Kirk woulda said if they let me write those scripts.