[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:46:01 UTC 2020

The trouble I’m having with this conversation is how one sided it seems.  I
make an effort to re-iterate your positions, even asking for feedback and
then fixing where I’m making mistakes in my understanding of your
positions, till I get what you guys agree is correct.  Ben said:

“I think we're done here. I see no point talking to a broken record.”

So, if I’m still failing to acknowledge something, I’ll be happy to listen
to whatever that is again, and repeat it back till I get it right.

I see critical issues in what I re-iterate back to you, but when I try to
point these out, it seems like nobody even acknowledges that I have any
issue, let alone anyone trying to understand what those issues might be.
I’m not seeing efforts to re-iterate back many of the problems I see.  All
I hear is the same old failure to acknowledge the issues I see with what
Ben refers to as a “broken record” re-iterations of the same old same old:

“I'll be damned if I understand how you've reached that conclusion!”

followed immediately with re-assertions of your positions (which I've
already repeated back) like:

“you couldn’t notice a change if the physical change was compensated for
with another physical change”