[ExI] Dodged the bullet maybe

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Feb 8 19:28:49 UTC 2020

Quoting Will Steinberg:

> For your first part though, I don't know how easily we can interpret those
> percentages when we are comparing ~30kbp to ~30kbp similarity percentages
> with ~30kbp to ~2kbp percentages.  They don't mean the same thing, no?

Yeah it was sloppy. Too sloppy to support a hypothesis, for sure, but
not too sloppy to knock one down.

More to Keith Henson's original point however, I am positively
grateful that thanks to science, technology, and communication we have
decent odds to actually CONTAIN a plague of biblical proportions. One
that a mere 30 years ago, when I was high school student, could have
easily killed fully a third of the world.

We live in an age of miracles, people:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Stuart LaForge