[ExI] The world would be so much better if everyone knows everything

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sat Feb 8 20:19:39 UTC 2020

On 08/02/2020 19:29, Brent Allsop wrote:
> The world would be so much better if everyone knows everything.

Yep, the world would be so much better if the Saudi government knew
exactly who had exactly what opinions on religion, if the Iranian people
knew for sure who was gay, if everyone knew all about the sexual
activity of their neighbours and parents and offspring, if the Chinese
government knew who ... well, /they/ probably already do know!

We're simply not mature enough, as a species, and across probably all
our cultures, to be able to stand up to total transparency, and it would
certainly be a disaster for whole swathes of humanity, the way we are now.

At the worst, it might even be the downfall of civilisation, if everyone
knew everything about everyone else. At the least, it would lead to a
lot of deaths, suffering, and mental problems.

--
Ben Zaiboc