[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Wed Feb 12 09:38:46 UTC 2020

On 11/02/2020 19:08, Brent Allsop top-posted:
> Not sure who you are talking to or what you are saying here.
> It looks like you are attributing something to stathis, which was a
> quote of mine?
> I don't see anything here that Stathis has said, other than to quote me?
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 1:20 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
> <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
> <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>> wrote:
>
>     Brent Allsop wrote:
>>     Hi Stathis,
>>
>>     On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 3:02 PM Stathis Papaioannou via
>>     extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
>>     <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>> wrote:
>>
>>         ... /It would help *if* you clearly said *something like*/ ...
>>

>>     If you were listening to me, and repeating back to me what I've
>>     been trying to say, instead of /incorrectly saying *what I've
>>     never said*/ ...
>     (emphasis mine)
>

>     Ha.
>     Here, quite possibly, is the problem. Well, A problem, certainly!

I was talking to you (Brent), and I was pointing out that Stathis gave
an example of the kind of thing that it would be helpful if you said it,
but you responded by complaining that he was incorrectly saying
something you never said. He wasn't.

It looked to me as if you'd not realised that he was giving an example,
rather than quoting you, and reacted accordingly.

I then pointed out that this is a problem when trying to have a
conversation that makes any sense at all.

--
Ben Zaiboc