[ExI] Mental Phenomena

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 22:17:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:36 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> *You must be completely not understanding anything I've been talking
> about*

Bingo.

> * > how the word red isn't physically red. *

True, the word "red" isn't physically red and the chemical glutamate
isn't physically red either, but both can be used as labels for the longer
wavelengths in the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

*> You think these two different representations of red things are in any
> way the same??????*

Both "red" and "glutamate"  are labels, they have nothing to do with light
but can be arbitrary assigned to represent something that is related to
light, just as the label on a jar of honey will tell you what's inside if
you know the correct language even though the label is not sweet.

John K Clark