[ExI] Possible seat of consciousness found

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:43:04 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 6:01 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> You represent red things with knowledge that has your redness quality,
> like robot number one in this 3 robots that are functionally the same but
> qualitatively differen
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YnTMoU2LKER78bjVJsGkxMsSwvhpPBJZvp9e2oJX9GA/edit?usp=sharing>t
> paper.  Robot number 2 is engineered to be red/green qualia inverted.

No it is not. The labels on the qualia have been inverted but the behavior
of the 2 robots are identical so there is no way science can ever tell me
if the meanings of the internal qualia generating language has been
inverted too, science can't even tell me if either robot experiences any
sort of qualia at all. And there is nothing special about the robots,
science can't tell me if you're conscious either, I can only make
assumptions, observe your behavior, and make the best guess I can.

And there is no third robot, there is just an incoherent word salad.

 John K Clark