[ExI] Does the Pope have Corvid-19?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 23:26:54 UTC 2020

On Feb 28, 2020, at 1:37 PM, John Clark via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> > The bad part is that the Federal Reserve has any ammunition of any kind.
>>
> If we were starting from scratch there might be better ways to go but we're very far from starting from scratch so we're stuck with it. Things are going to be chaotic enough without experimentally switching over to gold and making Australia the most powerful force in the world economy with South Africa being #2, or even worse switching to Bitcoin and have Satoshi Nakamoto become emperor of the world. It's just not practical to change at this late date.

The libertarian switch would be to not having government involved in money — not in mandating gold, Bitcoin, or whatever.

I’m not sure one will ever have the optimal time to dismantle the current system — in other words, if there’ll ever be a time it’ll be painless. It’s kind of like abolishing slavery. It’s going to cause disruption, but that can’t be the go to argue against it.

Also, discussing alternatives here should never be quashed with such concerns.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst