[ExI] Molecular Materialism

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 20:51:53 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020, 2:22 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> No, that doesn’t seem to help.  It just shows me that some people have
> very different ways of thinking about qualia.

When everyone else is wrong, it might be time to stop trying to tell them
what is right

There was a recent post suggesting everyone stop replying to John because
his unwavering position is not "conversational" for most casual
interactions.

I suggested a subject prefix of [politics] so i knew which emails to
ignore, but a [qualia] tag would be even more welcomed.  It's not that I
don't find the topic interesting,  it's that the conversation has become
boring.  Calling people "qualia-blind" because they don't faithfully say
your words back to you is impolite if not abusive.

Whatever.   Words mean whatever you think they mean.  That we ever believe
anyone "understands" anything is some rabbit hole full of 'qualia' and
'p-zombies' and that's good or bad depending on whatever meaning has been
assigned to those words - since I'm not classically trained in their
"proper" use, I'm easily disregarded as an uneducated noob.

*shrug*