[ExI] 50+ Reasons Our Favorite Emerging Technologies Had an Amazing 2019

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:27:02 UTC 2020

"For most of history, technology was about atoms, the manipulation of
physical stuff to extend humankind’s reach. But in the last five or six
decades, atoms have partnered with bits, the elemental “particles” of the
digital world as we know it today. As computing has advanced at the
accelerating pace described by Moore’s Law, technological progress has
become increasingly digitized.

SpaceX lands and reuses rockets and self-driving cars do away with drivers
thanks to automation, sensors, and software. Businesses find and hire
talent from anywhere in the world, and for better and worse, a notable
fraction of the world learns and socializes online. From the sequencing of
DNA to artificial intelligence and from 3D printing to robotics, more and
more new technologies are moving at a digital pace and quickly emerging to
reshape the world around us.

In 2019, stories charting the advances of some of these digital
technologies consistently made headlines. Below is, what is at best, an
incomplete list of some of the big stories that caught our eye this year.
With so much happening, it’s likely we’ve missed some notable headlines and
advances—as well as some of your personal favorites. In either instance,
share your thoughts and candidates for the biggest stories and
breakthroughs on Facebook and Twitter.

With that said, let’s dive straight into the year..."

https://singularityhub.com/2019/12/31/50-reasons-our-favorite-emerging-technologies-had-an-amazing-2019/