[ExI] Happy 2020, and welcome to the magic twenties

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 05:12:59 UTC 2020

On Jan 7, 2020, at 7:05 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 2:02 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> To date, most of the anti-vaxxers I’ve met have self-identified as on the Right and are often religious conservatives. I’m relying on memory and this is anecdotal, so take it with a grain of salt. But that my experience also matches the above study probably means I’m not living inside some weird bubble with regard to this. (For the record, too, all the politically active Democrats who seem progressive that I know personally are pro-vax.)
>

> ### Dunno. The largest number of anti-vaxxer patients I had was in Bellingham, WA, which is a nest of leftists. I never saw anti-vaxxers in Williamsport, PA, or Bismarck, ND, or Green Bay WI, which are middle of the road.

You and can match off our respective different experiences with regard to this, but did you read the study? Basically: anti-vaxxers vary a lot and are all over the political spectrum, though the study finds there’s more of a tilt to the Right. Not a big one though and not enough to define as a Right phenom with a few Left and others added to the mix.

And don’t get me wrong here. I’m aware of Left anti-bad people. I’m just talking about my friends, colleagues, and acquittances — the ones who’ve mentioned being vaccinations at all. I don’t go around pestering people on this and I don’t have any professional role that would me ask them.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst