[ExI] a little fun

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jan 8 14:55:00 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] a little fun

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 7:42 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…After all is said and done more is usually said and done

>…correction:  I believe it's:  After all is said and one, more is usually said than done

bill w

Well, sure.  But small typos often lead to greater insights, such as this case.

Let us assume that after all is said and done, more is usually said and done.

The comment is self-contradictory of course: if more is said and done, then all was not said and done to start with.  Self-contradictory statements often lead to greater insights, such as this case.  All is never all said and done.  There is always more saying and more doing, for at least 11 more years.

That last part was an inside joke.  For those outside the US: one of our leading politicians has made a startling prediction.  If true, we are approaching the negative 11th anniversary of the end of the world.  For the next 11 years until the world ends, all is never all said and done.