[ExI] Exoskeleton Win

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:50:24 UTC 2020

Paralyzed man breaks world record for finishing a marathon in an exoskeleton suit

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/12/us/paralyzed-man-charleston-marathon-record-trnd/index.html

“A South Carolina man competing in the 2020 Charleston Marathon has beaten the world record for the fastest time to finish a marathon in an exoskeleton suit.

Adam Gorlitsky, who is paralyzed from the waist down, completed Saturday's 26.2-mile race with a time of 33 hours, 50 minutes and 23 seconds”

“In December 2005, Gorlitsky was in a car accident that left him paralyzed from a severe spinal cord injury. His doctors thought he would never be able to walk again. But after 10 years, Gorlitsky was able to stand up and walk using a ReWalk Robotic Exoskeleton.”
“Along with completing the marathon, Gorlitsky has walked in nearly 50 road races all around the country. But his next goal, he joked, is to face the man whose record he beat.
"I want to challenge Simon to a one-on-one exoskeleton race one day," Gorlitsky said. "I'd love to go head to head with him on his home turf at the London Marathon."”

It’s written as a “feel-good” price but very cool news, nonetheless. I would be excited for there to be an exoskeleton race created.
SR Ballard