[ExI] Dope was Re: state of conflict technology

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jan 14 02:34:20 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat

>>...Got a pointer?

> Do you mean for the event?

>...No, to the writings or something about this Dr. Stock.  Couldn't tell
which one you were talking about.

Keith I probably misunderstood what you originally wrote.

I thought you wrote Gregory Stock, but this study is by Clark?

OK, retract, cool.

This Dr. Stock is one who has hung around with transhumanist groups for a
long time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Stock

He wrote Metaman, which is a bit on the easy-breezy side, but I liked it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaman

I was reading Stock before I even heard of Max More.  Metaman came out in
1993.