[ExI] Are Tests Biased Against Students Who Don't Give A Shit?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:22:23 UTC 2020

Yes to everything Dave and Will and Spike said.  I think maybe we need a
bit of research looking at future jobs since they seem to be changing so
rapidly.  One little bit of trouble I have is trying to force kids into a
career path before they even know much about the world or what they want or
are good at.  The trade school option does that more than the college
option.  I didn't know I was rabid about gardening until my 30s.  If I had
known that earlier I would have had an excellent alternative to what I did,
but that's impossible to measure.  I did not know until my junior year in
college that I loved psychology.

What we really need are aptitude tests and we don't have any.  Oh, we have
some  named that, but they are really achievement tests.  And all, I think,
are paper and pencil (Henry??).  How do we measure emotional and social
intelligence with paper and pencil?  Not well, I suspect.

bill w

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:49 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <