[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Jan 19 18:24:38 UTC 2020

On 19/01/2020 15:41, BillW wrote:
> And I will respond that thinking that machines can have emotions and
> consciousness is really way, way, far out - dreaming.    Read too much
> scifi.  There is not one iota of evidence that such things are
> possible, much less likely.  bill w

I take it that you must be equally disbelieving about the possibility of
nanotechnology then? Something that exists in biology, but no way can it
be possible in non-biological systems?

I'm wondering how far does this go? There must be some line along the
capabilities of biological systems, where on this side, non-bio systems
can do the same thing, but on the other side, they can't. Any idea where
this line might be?

(to avoid misunderstanding, I don't actually think that any such line
exists, or can exist)

--
Ben Zaiboc