[ExI] Scientists Discovered ?Mini-Computers? in Human Neurons?and That?s Great News for AI

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:13:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 2:46 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <

> *information is physical because it costs energy to  erase.*

Yes, I agree. Landauer proved that information is physical.

> *Do you dispute information-energy equivalence?*

Yes I dispute that. Information and energy are related but they are not
equivalent. Energy and Momentum are also physical and there is a simple
formula to translate one into the other, but they are not equivalent,
that's why we need 2 different words for them. They are 2 different things.

*> The Landauer limit might not be important to biologists* but [...]

There is no "might" about it. Landauer's limit is not important to
biologists period.

 John K Clark