[ExI] you'll never see this again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 22:21:59 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:41 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *> It sounds like you would like to see the current POTUS or the next one
> seize dictatorial powers. *

Right, that's  why I said "Japan, South Korea, Germany, Australia, New
Zealand, Canada and many other countries managed to do what needed to be
done and none of them have a dictator". If that doesn't sound like I think
a dictator is the only thing that could help what does?

*> John keep reminding yourself: USA is the United States of America, not
> the United People of America*

I said it before I'll say it again, your thesis is that the US Constitution
prevents the federal government from protecting its citizens from a
biological attack, if your thesis is correct then that is a devastating
indictment of the US Constitution!  But I have more respect for the
constitution than you do, I don't think that's where the problem is, I
think the problem is with a POTUS who lacks even a hint of human empathy
and is astonishingly stupid and amazingly ignorant.

> *I assume you have at some point studied Orwell, ja?*

Are you kidding? I reread 1984 the day after election day in 2016, it
seemed like a very good time to do so.

John K Clark