[ExI] Mississippi flag

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 18:40:02 UTC 2020

Followup to my earlier post about our legislature's getting of the
confederate flag on part of it.

Most in the legislature, and the governor, wanted to stick it to the voters
to vote on changing the flag.  Everybody knew what they meant:  several
years ago there was a vote and it was about 2 to 1 to keep it.  They let
majority rule and claimed that was morally right, despite 1/3 of the voters
being highly offended.

but somehow, with the impetus of the NCAA, the legislature voted to change
it.  Do we think that another vote of the people would have gone any
differently this time?  HA!!  ROFL

This was certainly not the best way to gain minority rights, but it
worked.  Shame on us - NCAA running our state - indeed!   bill w

bill w