[ExI] Famous Scientists saying Racist Things.

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jul 5 13:35:27 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:34 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Famous Scientists saying Racist Things.

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

>...> Ja we get that, and we get Jefferson for the same reason: both those
guys were slave owners and got rich (by the standards of the day) as a
result.

>...You really should check the history.  Jefferson died deeply in debt.
He left instructions to free his slaves, but his will was overturned and the
slaves sold because he was in debt.

Keith

Ok cool thanks for that.  I wasn't aware of it, but that was my own fault: I
have visited Monticello (another family history tour) and there were
lectures and displays.  That factoid would likely have been mentioned
somewhere but I missed it.

We got the library of Congress out of the deal.