[ExI] Sweden

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 8 13:51:35 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] Sweden

>…Some people say Sweden should be a model for the US on how to respond to COVID-19 …

 John K Clark

Which states?  Sweden is a model for some of them, not for others.  If Sweden is compared to New York, one would argue all those NYers died for doing the wrong thing, and were harmed both psychologically and economically for all those deaths.

The lesson we learned is that any place anywhere on the globe which creates a system dependent on mass transit in which social isolation is impractical or impossible will be inherently vulnerable to viruses.  We fixed nothing.  This will happen again and again, until we find a way to socially isolate travelers.