[ExI] order of the arrow

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 21:29:19 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 3:37 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > The Boy Scouts of America are now being criticized for cultural
> appropriation for our century-old Scouting honor society known as Order of
> the Arrow.  Apparently Native Americans somehow own flint arrows as
> cultural private property.

You can't win. If you embrace a culture that is not your own then you're
evil because you've culturally appropriated it. If you *don't* embrace a
culture that is not your own then you're evil because you're ignoring
another culture that has made important contributions to human
civilization. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

John K Clark