[ExI] order of the arrow

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Jul 12 22:01:31 UTC 2020

On 12/07/2020 22:30, Spike wrote:
> Question please: if it is cultural appropriation (the newest form of
> bad behavior) to do anything with Native American anything, to imitate
> minority fashions, to emulate certain cultural oddities such as rap
> and hip hop, can someone please explain to me how it isn’t cultural
> appropriation to learn a foreign language?

Au contraire, it /is/ 'cultural appropriation' to learn a foreign
language. How could it not be? I'd suggest that the people who harp on
about this new sin, stop wearing trousers immediately, and apologise for
their trouser-wearing in the most abject fashion, but, well, why feed
the trolls? The whole concept is ludicrous.

--
Ben Zaiboc