[ExI] Malthus and Marx

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:42:35 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

> Nuclear power is looking more attractive over time.  Those of us who do calculations have concluded that in the long run, it must be nuclear.  There is no substitute.

Come on, Spike, if you can get the cost of lifting parts power
satellite parts down to ~$100/kg, they come in at about half the cost
per kWh of fission plants.

If you have a reasonably efficient method to make synthetic oil, PV
power in the mid east can make fuel for about what we pay for it now.

I am not down on fission power, far from it.  But there are political
problems and there are other sources of energy that cost the same or
less.

Keith