[ExI] Some virus statistics

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:08:36 UTC 2020

This is meaningless nonsense.

The case number is proportional to the population testing rate, and the
testing is still conflating viral and antibody tests, which pick up
literally any common cold antibodies, so it doesn't tell you anything
useful even in individual cases, let alone the population aggregate.

And hospitalizations and deaths are still an extremely noisy but basically
horizontal noise floor equivalent roughly to about twice a normal flu
season - even allowing for the fact that American hospitals are financially
incentivized to massively overrreport COVID deaths.

Somebody is trying to panic you. Because the panic is more contagious than
the disease, and far more useful.

And they're succeeding. Put a mask on and stop trying to retransmit it.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 8:02 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <