[ExI] Blueskins

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Tue Jul 14 16:30:16 UTC 2020

On 14/07/2020 04:59, Keith Henson wrote:
> The foofarah over the name of a certain baseball team I find to be
> silly, but if they feel political correctness forces them to change
> the name I suggest "Blueskins" as a reference (sort of uncertain) to
> the Picts painting themselves with Woad. Woad would become the
> official team color.
i should think many more people nowadays would immediately think of the
Na'avi from Avatar (or even the Andorians from Star Trek), rather than
woad-covered Picts, when they see the word "Blueskins". The Na'avi were
good basketball players. Something to do with being 9 feet tall, I
suspect. I bet they'd be good at baseball too.

--
Ben Zaiboc