[ExI] Fwd: Zombies are stalking America’s unemployed

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:19:29 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:42 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Any of you conservatives out there care to give an opinion of Krugmans'
> column?

It's pretty funny and accurate, under the current fiscal policies the U.S.
is living under. But those policies are so out-of-whack that debating
$600/week vs. $200/week amounts to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
$260 billion of the $2.2 trillion CARES act was this unemployment
insurance. A measly $500 billion spent toward pandemic preparation could
have saved many more lives and jobs. We're a country run by crooks and
morons. Until we fix that there's no point bickering about how much
unemployment insurance we provide.

-Dave