[ExI] riots, was: RE: Is a copy of you really you?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:09:25 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 12:59 AM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <

> We are a long way from seeing the end of this.  There have been well
> over 100,000 deaths in the US so far.  Around 4% of the LA and Santa
> Clara populations has antibodies.  Assuming 70% for herd immunity, we
> are around 1/17th of the way through this pandemic.  If that's
> accurate and nothing like a vaccine comes along, the US death toll
> will not be much short of 2 million.

### You are off by more than an order of magnitude. We are getting close to
herd immunity in many locations, eyeballing the curve we are about 2/3rd of
the way through the pandemic, so the total will be around 150k, maybe up to
200k at the most.

Rafal