[ExI] Protest

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 3 04:47:19 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

Perhaps if the author were to rewrite using only the words in the current edition of Miriam Webster using the definitions found there, the meaning would be clear.

Let me try to guess the words that might have given some difficulty with the piece, roughly in order of appearance

chud -- term of opprobrium used against the alt-right; think of it as calling someone an asshole
POC -- person of colour
fashy/fash -- fascist (adjective/noun)
apparatchik -- official or bureaucrat, usually meant as a snear
woke -- enlightened or aware, as in consciousness raising
protest managerial class -- group of people, usually politicians, who attempt to control protests for their class or personal interests…

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan, since these novel terms have no consensus definitions, I am free to assign my own meaning until the author translates the document into a standardized form.

chud: a variation or misspelling of chad, which is a bit of paper.

POC: point of contact.

Fashy/fash: one who follows the latest fashion trends.

Apparatchik: a Russian government worker

Woke: what I did this morning at the end of my slumber

Protest managerial class: a instructional gathering designed for those who would lead a company, specifically focused on how to handle disagreements.

We standardize language for a reason.  Insider dialects are fine, so long as they are not intended to convey meaning to those outside the community.  Perhaps that was never the intention.