[ExI] Human Challenge Trials

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:35:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 7:55 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> Through the website https://1daysooner.org/  more than 26,000 young
> healthy people have volunteered to be  deliberately infected with COVID-19
> so a vaccine can be tested and developed faster.

Why do we have to infect people who have not already been exposed? Aren't
there already plenty of people who have been exposed and recovered from
whatever level of symptoms?

The way medicine is practiced in US, the population of survivors has an
unusual prevalence of eating pb&j for lunch... so eating pb&j for lunch
(but only lunch) becomes standard prophylaxis for covid.

Maybe there is a drug that "helps" but given the overplayed hand of pharma,
I'm going to remain skeptical of any single pill or miracle cure.