[ExI] Well-roundedness and character

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jun 4 18:20:36 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----

Subject: Re: [ExI] Well-roundedness and character

>...Congrats to Isaac, Spike. :) His hard work is showing.   Asimov would be
pleased.

Regards,
MB

Thanks MB, and thanks also for referencing Asimov.  He is the writer I would
say influenced me more than any other, but not from his SciFi (which I found
suffered in comparison to others of his age (but rather from his many works
of non-fiction (specifically the essay collections.)))

I feel like I should be doing something, but I have no contacts in academia.
I showed him my differential equations book from college, a subject over
which I sweated bullets after three years of college math, including the
calculus series.  He is tearing through that like a hot chainsaw thru
butter.  So I scanned and archived the pages of his notebook, to show that
yea verily, there are talented 8th graders who can get this stuff.  MB, I
will post a link offlist.

Any suggestions welcome.  What should I be doing?