[ExI] Jimmy 'the Greek' Snyder

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:38:10 UTC 2020

Spike, when you go on that there is no “objective way” to determine now, you act as if people will easily and willingly claim a gender their delivery doctor wouldn’t expect.

There are very real social and personal costs for being publicly trans. It is not likely someone would put on such an emotionally difficult charade for a sign on bonus.

In a highly competitive, cut throat situation like high-level athleticism I think it is very plausible, but gendered bonuses are illegal in most Anglophone countries, rendering those pressure null.

I have never visited a jail prison but have lived and worked closely with former prisoners.

My father was incarcerated for a year on non-payment of child support. That seems a bit inhumane to me. I don’t think that requires jail.

I did applications for restoration of felon’s voting rights when I worked in politics. A shockingly large number were fairly normal barring the fact that they usually couldn’t read and never finished high school.

A friend of mine in high school did time for selling weed. He’s just a normal dude.

Furthering that, a large percent of prisoners in the US are mentally ill. They would be better served in a psychiatric institution that was dismantled a while back.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentally_ill_people_in_United_States_jails_and_prisons#Prevalence

Psychiatric institutions, curiously, have usually suffered violence from nurses rather than other patients. Patients are medicated out of their violence (that is it’s own set of issues).

I have spent time at various psych hospitals and most of the people there have been to jail or prison, perfectly fine to me and there was no gang violence or stabbings.

Women’s shelter was the same. Most of the women had been to jail or prison but were perfectly pleasant.

In jail and prison, you do what you must to survive.

Did you know in other countries that they have prisons without the issues our prisons have?

SR Ballard