[ExI] Signing your death warrant

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 7 18:17:20 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] Signing your death warrant

>...Why can’t we have a separate classification of like... “Limited Resuscitation” Orders? If they are a thing, I’ve never heard of them.
>...Oh well...

SR Ballard

Rafal and SR, we must deal with the way ICU patients are cared for and paid for.  If a person has no insurance, then a few weeks in the ICU would impoverish their family, then I can completely see why a person would want nothing to do with that.  I wouldn't want that either.

Ideally we should have some means of doing a limited-liability insurance policy whereby a person or family can buy some fixed amount, say 200k, to cover ICU expenses.  Then by agreement, when that money is gone, I'm gone.

spike