[ExI] resusitation

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:02:31 UTC 2020

The key is:  what are the odds that resuscitation brings me back to a life
worth living.  Heart attacks really don't count here.  Zap me back into
life and give me pills or a pacemaker and I am back to nearly normal.
Severe strokes count heavily:  if they affect my frontal lobes I won't be
the same person - maybe like having end stage Alzheimer's.  Who wants that
for a life?  Partly paralyzed I can handle.  All of which would be
discussed with the people on my list.

I assume calling 911 is equal to saying that I want to be resuscitated
asap.  Any decisions would be made later at the hospital after seeing what
good the emts did.

Legal question:  can a person with power of attorney make the hospital let
me go home even if I am in ICU?  I am guessing no physician would sign a
release form in that case.

bill w

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 2:51 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <