[ExI] that's why

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 04:16:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:54, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Many have questioned the justification for the 2nd amendment in modern
> America.  Today we hear Minneapolis city council wants to defund their
> police force.
>

> What if… the citizens of Minneapolis had no right to bear arms.  What
> would they do without a police force and without guns?

They are proposing replacing the existing police force with a better one:

“In Minneapolis and in cities across the US, it is clear that our system of
policing is not keeping our communities safe,” said Lisa Bender, the
Minneapolis city council president, at the event. “Our efforts at
incremental reform have failed, period. Our commitment is to do what’s
necessary to keep every single member of our community safe and to tell the
truth: that the Minneapolis police are not doing that. Our commitment is to
end policing as we know it and to recreate systems of public safety that
actually keep us safe.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/07/minneapolis-city-council-defund-police-george-floyd

Even the poorest, most deprived states in the world generally find the
resources to maintain a police force.

--
Stathis Papaioannou