[ExI] Acceleration of the wealth gap

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:04:41 UTC 2020

People who, due to their circumstances, literally do not believe in the
future, any future, frequently do things that can very reasonably be called
"crazy".

When you hyperbolicly discount any projected future utility more than a
month or so out down to zero due to genuinely real uncertainty about still
being alive and healthy then, a lot of very extreme actions start to seem
rational.

When a critical mass of the population of an area becomes this nihilistic,
the nihilism becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:56 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <