[ExI] twittebots?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 10 12:58:25 UTC 2020

It occurred to me that we could perhaps create twitterbots.  I don’t know how that service works; I have never used it.  But from what I can tell, the level of discourse there isn’t high, and patterns are easy to recognize.  We could perhaps create software which would generate tweets from any give point of view and create a massive tweetstorm.  For instance, we could have the twitterbots create tweets on the theme that vandalism is bad, or looting is bad, then generate them by the millions, or perhaps a few hundred on each account.

Perhaps this is already being done.  How do we know this stuff we hear about on twitter isn’t already software-generated?