[ExI] twittebots?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 10 15:41:57 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] twittebots?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 14:03, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> Perhaps this is already being done.  How do we know this stuff we hear about on twitter isn’t already software-generated?

It has already been done.

See: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_bot>
Quote:
>...Proper usage includes broadcasting helpful information, automatically generating interesting or creative content, and automatically replying to users via direct message. Improper usage includes circumventing API rate limits, violating user privacy, spamming and sockpuppeting.
Concerns about political Twitter bots include the promulgation of malicious content, increased polarization, and the spreading of fake news.

BillK

BillK, we missed ya bigtime, me lad.  Welcome back.  We have been struggling to cut down on our howling at the moon, in order to bring back our high-quality posters, such as you.  I have vowed to restrict my howling to only when the moon is full.

Do pardon me phony Scottish brogue.  I traced me family tree and found one of the latest immigrants to the colonies, from Scotland in about the 1730s.