[ExI] twittebots?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 10 15:51:05 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:25 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] twittebots?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 6:01 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Perhaps this is already being done.  How do we know this stuff we hear about on twitter isn’t already software-generated?

Oh, dear sweet summer child...

https://www.google.com/search?q=twitter+bots

Oh mercy, Adrian I am terminally not hip.  That’s why I have you young hipsters as advisers.

Cool I learn another new hip thing this day: summer child.  Urban dictionary says it is someone who is naïve and unaware of the horrors of the real world.

HAH!  Little do they know.  This hipster urban dictionary knows nothing, NOTHING of the horrors of the engineering world.  Blissfully ignorant are they of the impacts of 10.7 cm radiation on the upper atmosphere, and the resulting hazardous ionization potential created as a satellite passes through the diurnal bulge.  Naïve they are, perhaps thinking the dreaded diurnal bulge is when a man gets exited in the middle of the afternoon.  These urban Websters are sooo not hip in MY world!