[ExI] new catalog

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jun 11 01:01:50 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Henry Rivera via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] new catalog

Deep fakes are a real threat:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robtoews/2020/05/25/deepfakes-are-going-to-wreak-havoc-on-society-we-are-not-prepared/

-Henry

Henry we are lucky this is being introduced in commercials and comedy shows, so we can be aware of the technology.

You may not be up on Al Pacino, but do let me assure you, we Pacino fans loooove this:

https://youtu.be/kjI-JaRWG7s

Having this guy morph into a young Pacino and back was a treat.  I am still laughing about that bit.

Of course this is a huge threat to the political system.  We get that.  This technology had gotten quite good.  On the presidential race, both of the leading candidates (neither name I can recall at the moment) have actually said such goofy comments that it will be unclear which is genuine and which is fake.  It may not really matter I suppose.