[ExI] by tomorrow, more Americans will have died of COVID-19 than in WWI

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:19:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 9:31 PM Robert G. Kennedy III, PE via extropy-chat <

*> As I write this tonight, C19's toll is 115+K. US fatalities in Europe
> (combat AND non-combat) in WWI: 116,708. Which I expect us to hit by
> tomorrow night.*

And it's just June and the deaths only started in March, yet Incredibly
some still say the shutdown was a "huge overreaction"! And Trump is going
to stage another of his nitwit rallies in Tulsa Oklahoma on July 19 and
concentrate thousands of screaming spittle scattering MAGA Hatters into one
indoor room, and we can expect that few if any of them will be wearing face
masks because Trump has turned that matter of personal hygiene into a
political statement. But before anyone is allowed inside the BOC Center
(capacity 19,199) they must sign a disclaimer so that neither Trump or his
companies or the BOC Center can get sued:

*"By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks
related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for
President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates,
directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable
for any illness or injury." *

This is leadership in a time of crisis?

John K Clark