[ExI] facial recognition software

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 13 14:19:52 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] facial recognition software

>…When one makes a mistake it can never be outrun. One cannot “go to the frontier” or “go into the wilds” or any such thing. One cannot take up a different name and live a different life, never to be reminded of their past… You can NEVER start over. Employers are legally required to dredge up your past even for fast food jobs.

I teach this to my scouts.  In their world, there is no do-over.  The age of accountability marches steadily back.  Be careful what you post.  I could forget finding a job with a clearance now because of what I have posted on ExI: a potential employer wouldn’t know me well enough to know most of what I post is to entertain the proletariat.

>…There will always be evidence of that baby you gave up for adoption, or what have you…

Not necessarily.  In California and other places, we managed to get a ballot measure that allows anyone to hand over a baby without identification of the person, no attempt to identify, no paperwork, just go to the police station or fire station or hospital, hand over the baby, walk away, no questions asked.  I don’t know why that took so long to get that law in place: it saves lives.

>…I don’t think that’s good.

SR Ballard

It does make life complicated for those who go wrong in their early years, I will agree.  I don’t know what to do about it: in its various forms, information technology keeps marching on.

spike

…