[ExI] Trusting China information was Protest

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 14 16:55:57 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat

>...And there is next to no reason for them to cover up how they have done.
It is much better than the US has done.  The US, for a variety of reasons,
squandered a couple of months at the start.

Keith

Hi Keith, ja, one could go that route, but keep in mind the US doesn't have
the authority at any level to control the behavior of individuals.  China
does.  Presidential and governors' executive orders do not apply to
individuals.

We are seeing these riots where people are clearly violating social
distancing rules, looting in flash mobs, some without masks, ignoring social
distancing rules.  We see the CHAZ area in Seattle having enormous rallies
where it isn't clear if social distancing rules apply.

China can stop all kind of things, because they have the functional
equivalent of a dictatorship, with no guarantee of free speech.  The
government controls the message.  They likely wielded power the US does not
have at any level, and we don't know if we can trust the message.  We still
don't know.  We have no intentions of handing the government (at any level)
the authority that China already has.  In China, the government can dictate
down to the level of detail including how many children a couple may have.
We don't do that.