[ExI] rubber bullets

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:21:57 UTC 2020

I care, of course. I think it is the police department which is sued rather than individual officers, because I believe that since the police are acting on orders that the fault falls mainly on the one who issued the order.

The police department will, of course, plain that the protestors who were tear gassed and shot were: not peaceful, refusing an order to disperse, did not have a permit for assembly, were violating social distancing, or resisting arrest.

Did you know you can be tried and convicted or resisting arrest even if they don’t file any other charges against you? That you have no right to protest an unlawful order by police? One is supposed to comply with the unlawful order and then sue.

I do not think a police officer, under his own power, can deny your 1st amendment right. The coordinated actions of a police department would, however, possibly deny you that right.

SR Ballard