[ExI] Quantum Key Distribution for Cryptography

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 16 15:03:36 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] Quantum Key Distribution for Cryptography

>… The transmission speed was about one bit every eight seconds, that may sound slow but it's several orders of magnitude faster than anything done before…John K Clark

Think of it as 120 milli-Hertz.  Or if you want to think in carrier frequency and Nyquist terminology, we are already up to 240 milli-Hertz.  It’s a start.

It has me thinking: we could send most of the signal over traditional lines with the last part being send using some kind of technology like this.  Then the new challenge is to figure out the most efficient way to send a signal securely with the highest speed and utilizing but simultaneously minimizing reliance on quantum voodoo.

This is the new space race: getting crypto-keys transferred faster gives currency-traders the advantage.  A new ocean-floor fiber optic cable is being built to shave off a few milliseconds transmission time between London and Tokyo.  He who finds a way to exchange data securely a little faster owns the planet.