[ExI] (no subject)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 03:14:57 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

> Oh mercy, Chicago does have some severe problems.  I didn't realize it is this bad.

For 2019 I get 16.8 per 100k people for Chicago.

I get 16.3 per 100k for Oakland which is within 3%.

> When I was traveling a lot, my business was not in Chicago but I passed thru on the way to another destination.  The others advised me that if I ever was stranded in Chicago, don?t leave the airport, just stay right there and keep trying to get on the next available flight anywhere, then fly home from wherever they took you.  It is better to explain to the boss why she on the hook for a plane ticket to London and another one from London to California than to have her explain to your grieving family that she sent you into a war zone on business.

Ah, come on Spike.  Back in the 70s, I was through O'Hare airport 17
times in the first 1/4 of one of those years.  The couple of times I
got lost in black areas, the natives were helpful in giving
directions.

 Of course, when you consider some of the other things I have done
(like duking it out with the clam cult), driving around in Oakland or
Chicago hardly rates.

Keith