[ExI] about a 5.0

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 17 19:11:34 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] about a 5.0

So, give us a framework:  does a 3.6 knock glasses off the table, shake the house, what?  bill w

Hi BillW, a 3.6 doesn’t wreck anything, nothing even falls off the shelf, picture frames don’t fall face down.  You can feel it for sure if it is as close as this one, you can hear it, because the house cracks and creaks, windows might rattle a little, a hanging light fixture will swing thru a few degrees of arc perhaps.  Visitors from New York will freak, dogs will be startled, squirrels won’t notice.

It requires two numbers: a distance from epicenter and a magnitude at epicenter.  This one was close and mild.

spike