[ExI] why sleep?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 17 21:18:54 UTC 2020

From: Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:59 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: spike at rainier66.com
Subject: Re: [ExI] why sleep?

Half of my scientific career has been in the field of neuroscience of sleep (the other half in gravitational waves that is one of the topics we discuss here often).
I worked with Tononi a the University of Wisconsin, Madison and at Northwestern University Circadian and Sleep Laboratory.
I have a patent in this field about a device to enhance Slow Wave sleep that is the most restorative part of sleep.  https://patents.justia.com/inventor/giovanni-santostasi  ...

Dr. Santostasi!

This is really cool.  I don’t recall your ever having mentioned any of this before, or your telling us you are a PhD.  Far too humble are you, me lad.  It’s a trick, I tells ya!  He is getting us overconfident for the Humility Olympics.